Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Sunday, November 25, 2007

The beginning...


November 29....cold and sunny with frost on the ground...thought I would start this blog mainly as a journal and to share my thoughts and images with other like minded artists.
I live in a rural area that is full of inspiration as well as frustration. This past summer my wonderful husband decided to build me a detatched studio since my project area/workroom was starting to overflow into other parts of our small house. As the project neared completion I was beside myself waiting to get in and try out all of my great ideas that flow through my head on my daily walks with Griffin. When I finally moved in I was a bit intimidated and lost in such a space , beautiful as it is. Well after a few months of pissing around I have started working with good old papier mache and having a blast! The process is truly amazing going from little balls of mush to shapes and eventually end up with a life of there own....It's great to be motivated again.

No comments: