Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Robert Frost revisited...

...one of my favorite poems along with some favorite art work and some of my own photos...

Stopping by the woods on a snowy evening.
by Robert Frost.



Whose woods these are I think I know
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there's some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep
But I have promises to keep
And miles to go before I sleep
And miles to go before I sleep.

Snowy Evening by Eric Palson
City Scape by Gustav Cailebtte 'Boulevard Haussman, Snow.
Horse and sleigh by Allison Benbrook. Peek in here to see more of her work





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the images....mysterious and enchanting....makes me feel cold now...Saturday we might get some snow here, so hopefully the weather reports are accurate....real snow for a change!!!!

Mary said...

:D!! One of my favorite poems also. Makes me long a little for a snowy Maine winter evening. It's cold.. (obviously, :) ) but i love the feel of fresh light snow on my bare hands..