Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Sunday, December 13, 2009

so far...

It seems like this time in December everyone is busy and getting a bit panicky...I try not to get bogged down with the Christmas rush and instead I focus on the few things I need to do (or for that matter want to do!) for the day...In the end it all works out and I take a deep breath and enjoy the music, food, drink and company of the season. The other day I made some home made marshmallows which is something I've never done...it seemed so Martha Stewart...anyway it was a long and tedious project with lots of evil white sugary substances involved but they turned out really quite pretty and will make a nice gift along with some hot cocoa mix...



My daughter is a city girl and drinks lots of coffee's to go so she requested a knitted coffee sleave but after a few attempts and not likeing the bulk of the knitted version, I used a nice piece of felt and embellished it with some embroidery and beads and voila!...

For me the holidays are not about the gifts, but honestly it does feel good to give something which I know someone will like and cherish...and like I said earlier, the smell of a turkey roasting in the oven, with some pretty music on...the lights twinkling, egg nog in hand...and today our first dusting of snow! These things bring me small but immense feelings of joy and that, for me, is what its all about.

No comments: