Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Friday, January 22, 2010

Song of the week...

Music means so much to me so I've decided to do a song of the week on Fridays....something to get the weekend off to a good start...
First off is one of those songs that has made it onto many of my mixed cd's and playlists...the first time I ever heard this song on CBC, I went out the same day and bought the cd. I've been lucky enough to have seen these gals several times and now that I've heard that they've stopped playing together I feel even more fortunate to have done so...they trigger many great memories of days in the sun, drinking wine, eating good food with my girlfriends and most of all a road trip 6 of us did down to Oregon in a posh van with 2 rather large dogs...so this ones for you ladies....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet sound they have! I will look forward to my fridays with even more fervour now that you have a Song of the Week. How can I say it....we could drink cups of tea all our lives but it's only now and again that a magic cup of tea comes along to awaken the hidden tastebuds....thats what a really cool song is like...yes...an awakening of the tastebuds!!!!

Jenny said...

I also remember the first time I heard this song, long before all those magical concerts together. I was living in France at the time and mom sent me the cd... I listened to it non-stop while traveling to Edinburgh for New Years. Here's a toast to beautiful, timeless music and the girls who make it.