Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Monday, April 12, 2010

Book review...

I have just finished reading 
'Her Fearful Symmetry'.
I guess I would have to call it a sort of ghost/love story/thriller.
The interesting thing about it was, that I picked it up while in Toronto where
my daughter's apartment is a 5 minute walk to Mount Pleasant cemetery...
A 200 acre Victorian cemetery full of elaborate tombstones and mausoleums.
 The book is set next to Highgate cemetery in London, a similar type of graveyard.
I won't give away too much except to say it is about a woman, who is a twin who dies of cancer and leaves her flat in London to her twin nieces.
Meanwhile she realizes that she is able to haunt the flat...
A series of twists, including old family secrets begin to unravel with strange and sometimes beautiful and horrible consequences.
The author also wrote
'The Time Travelers Wife'.
If you're in the mood for foggy, gray shadowy walks and dark, low lit London flats I would give it a whirl.
http://media.harbourfrontcentre.com/ifoa/images/covers/niffenegger_audrey_cover.jpg

No comments: