Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Found: One summer day.

I was dreaming about summer...blue skies, flip flops, cold cider on the porch, warm sun on pale skin...
And then, as if it hadn't missed a beat...
My dream came true!
After 2 months of rain, coolness and generally grey days, we are forecast for at least a week of very warm weather. As it should be this time of year.
In honor of such a perfect day, I took Griff to the seashore..
...the water calm, the pebbles shining...
Gorgeous dried seaweed everywhere...
...glistening fresh seaweed as well...
...tumbled into big knots of giants noodles.
When I was a kid, we used to find the odd, rare, glass, Japanese fish floats.
Today I found this one...plastic...guess they don't make them like they used to...
A surf shack at the edge of the high tide...
As well as some old fence posts and barbed wire at the back of the old John Muir estate...
On the way back, I kept finding these little jelly fish washed up on shore...
Alien bubbles, so strange and beautiful...
Of course there is no possible way to keep Griffin out of the water...
Perhaps he's part jelly fish?
So happy to have found my summer day...time for that cider on the porch now!

1 comment:

Sherry O'Keefe said...

oh wow, those jelly fish! actually all your photos and your observations have me yearning for a walk with grif.

i tried taking a photo of some 1940 barbed wire at my sister's sheep farm, not sure if it turned out- but your shot is good!