Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Friday, July 2, 2010

Song for Friday...song for Canada


 Since yesterday was Canada Day, I thought I'd bring up what I think is an iconic Canadian song by one of our greats...
I remember this song from when I was a kid and have been listening to it all these years.
Here's to lakes and cottages and hockey and snow and lacrosse and all things Canadian.


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I listen to a lot of late night radio and came across this fella only last week for the first time....I made a mental note to check out some more of his stuff....coincidence....perhaps.....Happy Canada Day

Sherry O'Keefe said...

when i was a teenager, this was exactly the song for me. funny how once again your taste and mine connect.

oh yeah- if i could read your mind . . .