Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Friday, October 8, 2010

Song for Friday...birthday!

On Saturday it's my niece Meghan's 14th birthday!
I remember the dark, rainy night that she was born, the first time I saw her little face,
so perfect and peaceful and beautiful.
She's grown up into this amazing person and I love her to bits.
She spent hours with this little orphan rooster in the summer...
She shares her birthday with John Lennon, he would have been 70.
Imagine.
So I thought I would put this classic song out for her and all of you.
Happy Birthday Megs!!
Have a great weekend all.




1 comment:

farmlady said...

Happy Birthday to your niece. She shares her day with an amazing songwriter.

"Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can.
No need for greed or hunger, a brotherhood of man.
Imagine all the people
Sharing for the world

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one."

Imagine what he would have written if he was still alive.