Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Blogday!

It's been three years to this day since I entered the world of blogging.
Who knew the things that would happen.
Parts of my long ago past, brought to light.
 Long lost relatives, whom I didn't know I had....found.
Turned simple walks into curious adventures.
  I've watched my nieces and nephews grow up a lot.
 Become closer to my daughter.
  Made the trip of a lifetime with my father, to a land I used to dream of.
 A land I only knew from stories of the old ones.
 I've come to know so many strangers in more personal ways.
This post, especially...
 Learned that ordinary life, when examined, becomes extraordinary. 
 Had the pleasure of being invited into their world.
 I've been witness to the mundane, and it's ability to become amazing.
 Been introduced to wonderful music, movies, books and art. 
 So cheers to you all out there in the blogosphere for allowing us to get to know each other.
For making this world a little smaller...friendlier.
Although we only know each other through these pages, I feel akin to many of you and really do hope one day to meet face to face...

9 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

Happy Blogday! Happy Thanksgiving!

Wonderful share!

Anonymous said...

Love the moustachio'ed picture of Mr. Griffin in the snow. Lovely synopsis of your life in the blogosphere!!

xxx Aja

Regina said...

Always looking forward to my daily fix : your blog!!! I am often touched by your beautiful photography telling a story.

Anonymous said...

3 years....wow....I think as you get older the time seems to flitter by just that bit more quickly. And what better way to spend it than on the blogosphere!!! What will it be like when we revisit these pages in 10 years. Will we still have the same life...the same interests...the same blog even. One thing for sure is that the friendship we have forged will last for a long time to come. Well done Kerry on 3 years...Have a pint on me!!

onesilentwinter said...

i am so glad that you entered it! blog land!

Marylinn Kelly said...

Cheers on your anniversary. The sense of discovery, the willingness to wander into unknown territory, bringing ourselves, our stories and, some of us, our photos. Such an unexpected adventure, such rewards.

Ciara Brehony said...

Happy BlogBirthday! So delighted to have 'met' you too, Kerry!
A wonderful post!!

Cobalt Violet said...

Cheers to you Kerry! Happy Blog Birthday! So happy to have met you and gotten to know you in this fascinating and inspiring new world. It's always wonderful visiting your beautiful blog. I leave inspired and breathing more deeply. Thank you. :)

Sherry O'Keefe said...

i'm late, but wanted to let you know how much your blog adds to my sense of wonderment and discovery.

cheers!