Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Friday, November 4, 2011

Song for Friday...for the future

I went to visit my great Aunt San yesterday.
She was my grandmothers sister and grew up on Saltspring Island.
We went and had tea and cookies in her little apartment and asked 
her about the old days and she told us stories of growing up there.
I later wondered if one day my nieces will come to see me
and look into my aging eyes, asking me questions of the 'old days'...
It put me in mind of this song...
Have a great weekend all...

1 comment:

farmlady said...

I love Simon and Garfunkel and I love this song.
It takes on a whole different meaning now that I'm older but the song takes me back to a lot of memories which, in the end, is what we all have.
Thanks and you have a wonderful weekend too.