Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Song for Friday...good wishes to all...

This season is a most difficult one for my family and I but
we are reminded to have gratitude for all that came to pass.
So many of my fondest memories are those of my childhood with
my brothers and sister and I truly appreciate the warmth they bring to my heart.
I want to thank all of you who have left so many kind comments
on my blog in good and bad times and although I only 
know you through these so called 'pages', 
I can honestly say that you are near to my heart as friends from afar.
May you laugh and sing with your cherished loved ones
and hold them dear to you.
A most Happy Holiday to you all.
P.S
of all the Christmas songs covered by various people throughout 
the years, this is definitely my favorite.
(not mentioned is the lovely Sarah MacLaughlan singing harmony with the lads)

2 comments:

farmlady said...

Wonderful rendition of this song. Love it.
There is a poem by George Barker called Sonnet to My Mother.
It starts with this line...
"Most near, most dear, most loved and most far,.."
And ends...
" .. and so I send
O all my faith and all my love to tell her
That she will move from mourning into morning."
My Christmas wish for you and your family is the last line of this poem and the hope that your sister is in a better place and has found her "morning".
Have a peaceful holiday.

Brenda Stratton said...

Thinking of you Kerry. Marry Christmas. Love Brenda