Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Old Vallarta...

I'm busy doing a wee reno in my wee kitchen...more on that later.
I wanted to show a few pictures of the Old Town of Puerto Vallarta.
It's a beautiful  cobblestone Colonial town, all be it a tourist town.
All the same, lovely people, architecture and views all around.

The beautiful Basilica which rings its bells every hour...
Love birds...
 Lovely birds...
Pebble mosaics everywhere on the waterfront...

 You haven't lived until you ride public transit in Mexico!
 In the market...
 BIG bamboo...
 BIG Iguanas...
 BIG rubber trees...
By the river...
By the sea...
Local kids putting on a performance...
Serenade in the Cantina...
...and always a kitty around...
...and a Volkswagon...
adios for now.

5 comments:

JeannetteLS said...

What wonderful pictures. This is what I love in here ... getting to visit places I shall never see in person. I love the shot looking straight up. The perspective is dizzying, and you really do have a taste of how overwhelmingly impressive it must have been.

Cobalt Violet said...

Awesome post! Wonderful mix of photos! Love that your posts have such variety.

My parents love it there. It's only a short flight from LAX so they've gone quite a few times.

I was there my sophomore year of high school -off a cruise ship for a day. I remember loving it but it was so brief. (And 27 years ago!!!) Your Mexico posts make me want to go! We used to go across the border an hour and half (i think) to Rosarito Beach with my family. I miss it but it's too dangerous to drive down and be close to the border now. So unfortunate and so sad for the people.

Anyway... back to the lighter note ... I LOVE your post!
:)

Tatersmama said...

Oh lucky you... and what lovely photos! I've always dreamed of going to Puerto Vallarta, and this just makes me want it more!

Rose Hunter said...

Hi Kerry. I'm a friend of Sherry O'Keefe's, is how I came to your blog.... :) I've seen your comments on hers too. Anyway, I live in Vallarta and am always curious to see what other people make of it! I walk past that first building of your post every day. And the market, etc. :) The cat, that one I don't know where it is.... So glad you enjoyed your stay!

Friggers. if I can prove to this thing I am not a robot, this comment will be sent.... Third time a charm?
Nope. Going for # 4....

the wild magnolia said...

a creative venture to mexico
tropical color
great architecture
pink flowers
black birds
peoples faces
a good visit
thank you for the tag a long....