Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Friday, May 11, 2012

breathe...

What with "what's for dinner?"
"can you braid my hair"
"I need a band aid!"
and "I need 24 cookies for our party at school tomorrow",
I'm learning how to breathe in between.
All I'm managing to take pictures of during the day, while the older ones are at school,
  is of the little one while she sits on the edge of nap time  with her 'baby'...
...and some much needed time to look at the spring apple blossoms while
the others are running rampart around the 'pirate ship', swords swashbuckling and
princess maidens being saved .
Oh...and the odd self portrait!
Today is my last day with this glorious bunch of hellions...
They've kept me on my toes, given me a bit of a cold and the best  hugs and kisses till the next time we're together...love ...love... love...is the seventh wave.

3 comments:

farmlady said...

Love is the seventh wave... this could be a title for a book.
I read "tired" in between the lines of your blogpost, but the kind of tired that has its rewards.
When they are gone you will recover quickly. I speak from experience.
Now...Go take a nap.

gz said...

and you've enjoyed every moment!

the wild magnolia said...

caring for children is a kind of madness, the kind we crave.

thank you for sharing.