Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Monday, May 21, 2012

House Hunters...

"Well sweetie, how's the nieghbourhood look from there?"
"Looks pretty good, honey...lots of trees, lakes and ponds close by,
I think I could see us living here...have a look at this place..."
"Well, it's got a lovely view, sweetie, but I'm not crazy about the 'open plan' idea...
come and have a look at this cute little place..."
"yeah this could do nicely, honey...let me go up and have a look at the roof..."
"Looks pretty solid...what about the age, honey?"
"oh, you know me, sweetie...I love these old charactor places...come have a look inside..."
"Your'e right, honey, it's really cosy...what about the nieghbours?"
"Well the one over on this side is quite musical..."
"...and the one on the other side is very colourful..."
"what about that furry four legged dude?"
"oh, I think he's really nice, sweetie...he just sit's around and watches stuff.
Once in a while he barks at people coming and going but pretty quiet otherwise.
The only trouble we might have is with the little guy with the white on him..."
"oh, I don't know, honey...he looks alright..."
"Sweetie, don't let that innocent face fool you.
He may be small but I see something in him that may be trouble..."
"Yeah, you may be right, honey, but if we keep to ourselves
and watch the kids closely, I think we could make a go of it..."
"Looks like we found ourselves a summer home then!"
 
Happy house warming swallows!





 






7 comments:

Suz said...

ha ha I have overheard almost the same conversations here! Oh you are good.....and you got to love that look on puss' face....
love the shot of the singer...

gz said...

It is good to see them. The House Martens are nesting in one part of the workshop I share in Abergavenny

the wild magnolia said...

how fun, a story. a nice surprise in addition to you other fabulous gifts. i loved it.

happy day.

Valerie Brown said...

Very cute - I was just thinking this spring while we were birding Point Pelee, that I miss seeing the Violet green Swallows! Thanks for letting me enjoy them vicariously!

Marylinn Kelly said...

Your photography, as always, is so immediate and involving. What a charming tale, and then there is the look in the cat's eyes...And Jane, the chimp, another endearing treasure. She would be here in a heartbeat, but then so would they all, resources allowing. Spring is so beautiful in your neck of the woods. xo

Sherry O'Keefe said...

so clear, i can hear the birds!

farmlady said...

It's House Hunters International on the west coast of Vancouver Island, BC. I love it!
Watching these birds finding just the right place to nest is so much fun and you have made it even more so with them worrying about the neighborhood, the age of the home and puss-in-boots down there.
Wonderful post!
I'm in love with the photo of Grif'. He's is such a handsome dog.