Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Song for Friday...raw talent

Were you ever scorned by a lover?
This is one of those songs.
Best break-up song.
 (aside from Joni Mitchell's 'A Case of You' )
It's a painful tune, but so brilliantly covered by this group of 5 artists.
Unfortunately I do remember feelings like these
but fortunately they were many, many moons ago
and somehow pain of this nature shapes us into who we become.
Like I told an old boyfriend who I ran into once after
a year or so of our not so pleasant breakup...
"Oh yeah, I'm glad we met...you showed me what a real asshole is!"
Now he's just somebody who I used to know.
Keep on the sunny side.
Have a great weekend all!
p.s check out this groups other videos...they're so much fun.