Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Friday, October 12, 2012

the magic of morning mist...

Once upon a very early autumn morning...
...there used to be a golf course...
...but the money ran out, the developers failed...
...the town council and the people spoke...
...and the place became a park...a haven for the birds...
...songs in the rushes...
...and for Griffin and I to silently play witness to the magic...
 


9 comments:

Ciara Brehony said...

Stunning photos, Kerry. The best kind of morning. The best kind of weather. I feel like I was there with you.

I wish I WAS there with you! xxx

I live on the edge of a place like this, but with no way of getting in to it. It's the first thing my son plans to do if we manage to buy our house: a path into the marsh. :-)

Robyn said...

So beautiful! And so lovely that, for once, the right thing happened...

Valerie Brown said...

Just beautiful. Thanks for postings these photos.

Kerry O'Gorman said...

Ciara...your son is a wise lad! There's nothing like an early morning amongst the birds and rushes...wish you were there too, you would love it...hope your dreams come true.
Robyn...yes sometimes the right things happen ever so gracefully!
Valerie...thanks for coming along!

Suz said...

wow beautiful photos...really
and I say JOY for the power of the people.....a win

Mairéad said...

What a beautiful place! It looks so peaceful. Wonderful t that it has become a haven for nature and an amenity for walkers rather than a playground for a few.

Sara said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

Mary said...

Best post ever! I mean it. This brought tears to my eyes. Such beauty here. And psst.. i'll whisper when i say this.. i'm glad the developers lost money. And i wish that would happen more often. There i said it. :)

Cobalt Violet said...

OH my gosh! I love love love this post! Such magical shots! The mist ... the trees ... that spiderweb! Gorgeous!