Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Friday, November 30, 2012

Song for Friday...a wee flashback

Was having a bit of a flashback the other day...high school albums
come back in my mind and I realize that some of the music from
the mid '70s through to the mid '80's was some of the best.
It was the era of 'bands'.
Really good bands like Fleetwood Mac, who started out as a full on
blues band without the ladies and morphed into a band with
a few of those classic rock songs with the harmony of the now,
heavily involved ladies.
Sadly I lost interest in them in later years.
They just didn't have it for me.
Sometimes sex, drugs and rock and roll was a good thing
and some great songs came out of their misguided youth.
Affairs between band members was rampant and this
song, actually this whole album, became a 'he said - she said' myriad of tunes.
So here for you, one of my classic, desert island songs...
Have a great weekend all!!
 


1 comment:

Suz said...

ah..you have a point...isn't it great how we can listen and the music still works....
....right now I am bathing myself in old carols and christmas songs...quietly and soberly
...trying to catch the childhood wonder of it all
and the majesty of christ's birth
....josh groban almost took me there while driving home yesterday...with oh holy night
..sigh