Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Meanwhile back in Toronto...

No, I'm not back in Toronto but I still have a few tales and photos to share.
Here in Canada we have a political, cultural satirist by the name of Rick Mercer.
Each week on CBC television he has a half hour show where he
showcases strange and beautiful things about our country.
He also has a bit in the middle of the show called "The Rant".
And yes, you guessed it, he rants about a current affair.
For this segment he strolls through the alleyways around Queen St West
which are covered in fantastic graffiti. Is it still called graffiti?
I suppose it could be called Urban Wall art or something but whatever
the case may be it's amazing.
So here's a few shots of some of the strolls Tom and I took through these alleys
and this one near our daughters house which I couldn't resist...
 Queen St West area...
 My favorite!...
 Couldn't resist having my photo snapped at this subway station...yup, Queen for a day!
 

4 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

Love the graffiti, good pic of the queen.

Felicity Hayes-McCoy said...

I love this post! The buildings as well as the vibrancy of the art. Thank you - it was a delight to see and read.

Valerie Brown said...

I love the graffiti too! That's one thing I miss, now that we don't live in TO any longer!

Mary said...

Those are fabulous. I don't think i've ever seen graffiti that unique and done by people with such talent. I love this. :)