Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Friday, April 5, 2013

I've got mail!

I love to see something in the post with this big gold stamp from the UK on it...
This is the third print I've purchased from an artist whom I've never met
but feel a kindred spirit to...
I spoke the other day of the famous naturalist / botanical artist Anna Maria Sybilla Merian
who was able to bring to life the world around her through her paintings.
I have the same thoughts about Val.
Her way of capturing the natural beauty of the flora and fauna
 of  Britain is stunning and gentle.
Just look at this lovely print I just received of a Thrush...
My photos don't do it justice but believe me, it's even more beautiful in real life.
The colours, the texture, the expression in the birds eye and the light are what call to me...
She's also making beautiful little books and woodcut prints which are all available in her etsy shop .
I have the perfect vintage frame that I'm going to put it in.
Thanks Val!
(p.s she also has a blog you can follow here )
 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful print; I can see why you admire the way she captures this bird and the vegetation. It is serene and life-like. Amazing work!

Acornmoon said...

Thank you Kerry!