Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Hello in there...

Hello?
Is anybody home?
 "are you talking to me?"
 Yeah, you, little one.
Whatcha doin'?
 "just waiting for my lunch"
 Oh yeah? What's for lunch?
 "oh, probably a few flies, mosquito's, maybe a big fat bee if I'm lucky"
 "me and my sister are hungry, I think my mom should be here any second"
 "Look! There she is now!"
 (crunch, crunch, crunch)
 "mmm, nothing like fresh bugs on a summer day!"
 "Thanks mom! You're the best!"
"You always know how to put a smile on my face!"
 
P.S
(These are the violet green swallows that nest at my folks house every year.
They are literally a few feet from the house and as always,
they are a treat to observe.
I photographed them from a distance with my zoom lens as not to disturb them
even though they are quite use to the 'humans' now.)


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your pictures and dialogue tell the best summer's day story!! I sure enjoyed it!

Cobalt Violet said...

So cute! And you are patient!
What a face!!!

Acornmoon said...

Hi, I am just catching up now with all the treats I have missed. Swallows and owls, full moons and gardens all wonderful!

Melody said...

What a great little face~ Love that last photo! :))))))

Mairéad said...

This put a smile on my face too!