Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Where does it go?!

Time, time time...never enough of it!
Between getting ready for the Sooke Fine Arst show, the garden, my neices visiting,
and work, it's hard to find little snippets to sit and write.
One of the fun things these days is that I have a new camera!
I've been wanting to get one for a while now and just couldn't pass
up the half price sale at London Drugs...oh the dangers of compulsive shopping!!
Anyway it's going to take me a while to figure out all of the bells and whistles
but so far I'm pretty happy. It's an Olympus EP3 which has interchangeble lenses
and it's quite compact for this type of camera.
There's a lot of different art filters built in so
I'll leave you with some of my experiments and bid you adieu
until next time!
 soft focus
 grainy film
 diorama
 playing with aperature
 pin hole
 cross process
 soft focus
 pinhole
 portrait
pinhole
pinhole
(gee, do ya think pinhole is my favorite?!)


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice! Glad you're having fun playing with the photos...and they look great! I like the soft focus and the pinhole too!

farmlady said...

Oh boy! A new toy to play with. Are you going to have fun. Congrats on the new camera.
"Cameras and equipment are NEVER impulse buys." Say that over and over again until you believe it. I have. It works.
Love the different modes for shooting. I'm not understanding "pin hole". Please explain it more in another post.
Love that old dog. He's your greatest model.

Cobalt Violet said...

So fun!
the soft focus is a lens? or a setting?
The pics are fabulous by the way.
I have a new (to me) camera, my dad found on ebay.
looks and seems new. It's so fun getting a new creative toy!!! Congrats Kerry!

Mairéad said...

Good luck with your camera. I have an EP1 which I absolutely ill, although I haven't been able to use it for a while as it had to go in for repair. I love the retro styling and the fact it's small and can fit into a handbag. The filters are fun too - pinhole is also my favourite.

Melody said...

What fun ~ must be the season for impulse shopping! I got a pocket size Canon ~ and it too has new fun settings I've not had before, "fish eye" and "miniature" are my favorites! I like your soft focus, and diorama! :)))) Great shots! :)))))))))))))