Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Friday, August 28, 2015

Heaven in a raindrop...

Last night it rained!
This may not seem like a big deal to those of us in these sodden lands
but this summer has been probably the lowest rainfall in recent memory.
But enough doom and gloom...I am rejoicing in last night...
I woke in the middle of the night to the soft, unmistakeable sound of a steady downpour.
I lay in bed with a sigh of utter pleasure...glorious rain!
This morning everything was coated in heavenly droplets of moisture...
The earth exhaled...
...took a big drink...
Hopefully there's more on it's way.
The garden is smiling...
...the Virginia Creeper has donned her fall blush, reminding us of whats to come...
Even our little pirate's smirk is brighter...Sweet Georgia loves water.
She will purposely run under the sprinkle of a hose to get wet.
So all is well for now in her little kingdom.



4 comments:

Jacquie said...

I love the way the raindrops act as black and white floating magnifiers. I just learned that electron microscopes capture images in black and white. All those beautiful electron photographs you see are colored in Photoshop.

What you captured is beauty and structure at the same time. There's a Botany program at the University of Wisconsin. I believe they have a class on microscope art. One day... In the mean time, I need to take out my camera.

Kerry O'Gorman said...

Hi Jacquie...would you mind leaving your email? I'd love to reply to your comments. Thanks...Kerry

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow.

Hey, Georgia!

Kerry, here's hoping my letter reaches you! LOL! I won't give away the plot just yet. :) Hugs you you. {{{Kerry}}}

Thank you.

Unknown said...

Ahhhhh....water....raindrops are heavenly! So glad to hear you are getting the moisture. Beautiful pictures!!